Re: Failing to obtain DHCP address from Swisscom Hotspots

Am Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2013, 13.49:07 schrieb martin f krafft:
> Hey folks,

Morning

> the MOBILE and Swisscom hotspots in Switzerland allow VPN
> connections to the universities, such that one can surf there for
> free via VPN with a university account.
>
> I have such an account, and it works fine on MONZOON and in the
> universities, but whenever I cannot connect to Swisscom.
>
>   - I am failing to get an association with MOBILE access points
>   - "Swisscom" access points associate with me, but then don't
>     assign a DHCP lease
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem with my Sid
> machine (Intel iwlwifi card, dhcpcd client), or is the fault to be
> found on the side of Swisscom?

I've some problems with MOBILE too. Mostly I don't get an IP or access,
sometimes it works, no pattern found yet.

But I think it worked better with my old notebook: Thinkpad T60 or so. Now on
X230.

Btw: UZH student and worker, Wheezy as distribution.

> Thanks,

Best
Mario

--
Fellow of the FSFE.org and Joined the Game of KDE.org
Main Organizer of the Randa Meetings