Re: Failing to obtain DHCP address from Swisscom Hotspots

Hi there!

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 05:49:07 -0700, martin f krafft wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem with my Sid
> machine (Intel iwlwifi card, dhcpcd client), or is the fault to be
> found on the side of Swisscom?

IIRC I had similar issues in the past (X60, sid, iwlwifi 8086:4227 rev
02), but given that I have no more an university account and I have a
infinity XS mobile plan I stopped trying using MOBILE.

And FWIW the same machine has problems with some WEP networks (it
authenticates, gets DHCP IP and after few seconds it disconnects), so I
would not be surprised the hardware/firmware would be at fault.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca