[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Debian and Trusted Associations, again

On 19/07/12 18:10, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:
>> Hi there!
>> Keeping the DPL in the loop, mainly for his information since I think we
>> need to clarify stuff on the debian.ch side before seeking again his
>> involvement.
> OK keeping leader in the loop until he disagrees. 
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:34:12 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> On 16/07/12 11:37, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>>>> Hi everybody, I did not read the entire thread and it's not entirely
>>>> clear if you are seeking specific input of mine (if this is the case,
>>>> please say so). So let me just clarify a couple of points that might be
>>>> useful to your discussion.
>>> There are two main reasons for the thread:
>>> short term: debian.ch decided to have the articles of incorporation
>>> translated into English, without any immediate change to what is
>>> actually in these rules
>> Well, I do not remember things like this, i.e. we can have changes and
>> the English translation at the same time, given that anyway I would like
>> to see the English translation voted during an AGM.  Nevertheless...
> At least myself and Philipp Hug would like to keep it this way. I for
> myself don't see any need to change anything at the moment. But if
> someone is able to convince me that a change is necessary, I'm not
> against change per se.

I believe it is reasonable to discuss other issues in parallel, but as
Gaudenz proposes, any formal decisions about changes should come after
the translation is formally accepted.

> The process becomes a lot easier if we can vote for the english
> translation (without any semantic changes) first and after that base all
> changes on the english version. This can be done at the same AGM if you
> like.

Exactly what I had in mind - except for one thing.  I do not believe it
needs to be the AGM - I believe any GM called with 21 days notice could
vote to accept the translation.  We should aim to have as many members
as possible in attendance.

Given the higher than usual level of debian.ch activity (due to
DebConf13), maybe a suitable meeting can be called in September or October?

That means everyone would be able to read the English articles before
the 2013 AGM, and anyone wanting to propose changes could do so for the
2013 AGM.

Reply to: