Re: New memberships to be discussed at AGM 2011 (was: debian.ch AGM on 2011-01-31)

On Sunday 16 January 2011 13.56:55 Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:00:10 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> > Any member of debian.ch can submit items for the agenda either at
> > anytime in advance, or at the AGM itself.  However, all items of
> > relevance must be announced properly, items of relevance brought up at
> > the AGM can not valid be voted upon.  The deadline for items of
> > relevance for the AGM 2011 is Sunday, January 16, at 23:59:59 +0100.
> >
> > Any non-member of debian.ch can not directly submit items to the
> > agenda, but indirectly by suggesting them to the debian.ch community
> > mailing list [6] or, if privacy is a concern, to the actuary at
> > <mailto:info@debian.ch> or any other member instead.
>
> Here we are, with too new memberships I sort of forgot during this last
> period, Xavier Oswald and Marc Fournier (both cc:ed):
>

> <http://git.debian.ch/v/docs.git/commitdiff/243a431dc64de9bdec498f78305e
> e038122b9cd4>
> <http://git.debian.ch/v/docs.git/commitdiff/acebb02294b286173c7e05805710
> db6b182b3619>
>
> According to our bylaws (please correct me if I am wrong), given that
> Xavier is already a DD, he should automatically become an official
> debian.ch member if he will be present at the AGM.

There's no "if he's present" in the current bylaws, so he's a member.

> On the other hand, Marc agreed to apply to debian.ch membership after
> private discussions with me.  I happily certify, if needed, his work on
> various aspects of debian.ch (e.g., French translator and the BSP 2010
> in Bern) and the adoption of GNU/Linux (and Debian in particular) in
> French part of Switzerland.

So we'll accept his membership at the end of the month.

cheers
-- vbi

--
"The Laboratory for the Destruction of Communities,"
otherwise known as Sun Microsystems.