Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party in Bern, Switzerland: 27/28th november 2010

Hi

Excerpts from martin f krafft's message of Die Nov 23 13:16:37 +0100 2010:
> also sprach Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> [2010.11.23.1038 +0100]:
> > If, final option, you just wanted me to share some "rules of
> > thumb" on this, I generally don't consider food (in the sense of
> > proper meals) as something that we should sponsor for BSPs or
> > similar events.
>
> We've done this in the past on occasion, but I agree with you: it's
> not a good use of money and should probably only happen in the rare
> exception.

I don't know exactly your definition of "proper meals". I agree that
we should not sponsor meals in a restaurant or meals provided by an
external caterer. I was more thinking of things like soft drinks,
coffee, fruits, cookies, ... I'd like to buy for everyone as snacks
during the event. If you still think that we should not use Debian
money for this, then I'll probably sponsor them privately because I
don't want to collect money from every attendee.

Also there is a small kitchen at the venue, so it would be an option
to cook something on Saturday evening ourselves. It's not yet decided if
we do this or we go out to a restaurant. If we cook ourselves I
propose that Debian could sponsor the food.

Please note that with the current list of 6 attendees we are talking
about relatively small amounts of money (approx 100 CHF, not more
than 150 CHF).

Gaudenz
--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.