Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party in Bern, Switzerland: 27/28th november 2010

Hi there!

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:38:29 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:09:48AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Full quoting for DPL's information ;-)
>
> Thanks.
>
>> > The network sponsoring is solved. So the only sponsoring left is for
>> > food and the venue. I don't consider debian.ch money as sponsoring as
>> > this already belongs to Debian. Madduck already agreed to spend a
>> > maximum of 500.- CHF for the BSP if the costs are not covered by other
>> > sponsors.
>> >
>> > Do we need an ACK from the DPL for this?
>>
>> I do not remember if I have already talked to Zack about that, so cc:ing
>> him for his opinion.
>
> That's indeed the first time I heard of this, but it's no big deal.

My fault.

> In general, I consider that entities like Debian.ch are free to spend
> money as they want, as long as they are considerate, since the money are
> Debian's. In essence, I consider Debian.ch (like Debian.uk and many
> others) trusted entities that manage Debian money for local
> Debian-related business.  So, if you think it's worth using Debian.ch
> money to sponsor (part of) the BSP, by all means go for it.

This is exactly what I remember the other time we (sort of) discussed
about Debian "local" money.

> If, on the other hand, you want me to decide---I confess that's not
> fully clear to me from your mail---I'll definitely need more
> information, as the total cost is not clear to me.

Gaudenz can better answer about the total cost.

> If, final option, you just wanted me to share some "rules of thumb" on
> this, I generally don't consider food (in the sense of proper meals) as
> something that we should sponsor for BSPs or similar events. OTOH
> eat/drink stuff on site (e.g. coffee break material) might be nice as it
> has chances to make the attendance more enjoyable and creates room for
> interaction among people. Of course I'm saying this without knowing the
> price of anything like that in not-exactly-cheap Switzerland.

Coffee breaks in Switzerland can be as much expensive as a normal meal
elsewhere ;-)

Anyway, I guess Gaudenz's question got an answer and now the DPL is
aware, still without the complete details.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca