Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party in Bern, Switzerland: 27/28th november 2010

Hi

Sorry, I read this mail which contains Zacks full answer (which I did
not yet receive) only after replying to Martins mail. So part of my
last mail is already answered (the cookie and coffe part).

Excerpts from Luca Capello's message of Die Nov 23 14:06:17 +0100 2010:
> > If, on the other hand, you want me to decide---I confess that's not
> > fully clear to me from your mail---I'll definitely need more
> > information, as the total cost is not clear to me.
>
> Gaudenz can better answer about the total cost.

Current budget (6 Persons):
- Network: fully sponsored
- Venue incl. accommodation: 230 CHF
- Food: 150 CHF incl. self prepared dinner for 6 persons, otherwise 75 CHF
- Total: 305-380 CHF

I originally asked Martin for 500 CHF. As it looks now, I'll not use
all this money.

> > If, final option, you just wanted me to share some "rules of thumb" on
> > this, I generally don't consider food (in the sense of proper meals) as
> > something that we should sponsor for BSPs or similar events. OTOH
> > eat/drink stuff on site (e.g. coffee break material) might be nice as it
> > has chances to make the attendance more enjoyable and creates room for
> > interaction among people. Of course I'm saying this without knowing the
> > price of anything like that in not-exactly-cheap Switzerland.
>
> Coffee breaks in Switzerland can be as much expensive as a normal meal
> elsewhere ;-)

Not if you prepare them yourself.

Gaudenz
--