Re: Mailing list move: "Debian UniZH" is no more

Hi all!

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:23:55 +0100, Daniel Mettler wrote:
> Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
>> No, please no "reply-to:"!
>> It is very inconvenient, and it is harder to reply only in private.
>
> well, but in general, the purpose of having an ml is having a public
> discussion, isn't it? if so, posting back to the ml is the much more
> common usage scenario (and thus the expected behaviour) than replying
> to a subscriber in private.
> further, it avoids getting double messages from ppl accidentally
> hitting "reply-all" instead of "reply".

Not entering in details about my preference for "Reply-To", doesn't
Enemy of Carlotta [1][2] allow to receive double posts when the receiver
is specified (like mailman does)?  This will "fixes" the problem :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://liw.iki.fi/liw/eoc/index.html
[2] AFAIK the mailing list manager used by lists.debian.ch