Re: sh4 architecture into Wheezy

Hi,

2011/3/31 Mark Hymers <mhy@debian.org>:
> On Wed, 30, Mar, 2011 at 12:02:44PM -0400, Bill Traynor spoke thus..
>> Not sure why STMs activities are relevant?  Renesas owns the IP and is
>> moving forward with SH4-based cores.
>
> Another question which has been brought up relates to buildds.  What
> number of buildds is it estimated would be needed to keep up with the
> main archive?  Also, what sort of maximum build times can we expect for
> large packages compared to the other architectures (i.e. what's the best
> class of hardware we can expect for the buildds).

9 buildd works now.
# One of them stops for the trouble of the HDD.

We maintain Buildd with this number now.
The build finished package is equal to or less than 90%, but collects
in build queue for some transition now.
These will be built entirely a few days later.
It is necessary to maintain all in these when We support it in debian.

It is the best thing which used hardware can prepare now now.
Perhaps it will be the latest in the supported architecture now.
The package which time needs most is GCC. GCC takes about 6 days.
Build in itself is over in approximately 3 days, but is more necessary
for a test for 3 days.

I worry about this lateness...

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro