Re: What about SuperH?

Hi,

In the article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.21.0207211232390.344-100000@rock.grep.be>,
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> > In April, I had set up my own deb repository at http://debian.dodes.org/
> > and started sh4 and sh3 buildd processes.  So far about 3,000 and 700
> > debs have been uploaded there respectively.
>
> That's great!
>
> It would be nice if this could be part of Debian proper. Are you a Debian
> Developer? If not, please consider becoming one. See http://nm.debian.org/
> for details.
>
> > If needed, I'll provide for you maintainers with free access to my sh3
> > and sh4 machines via network on request.
> >
> > For the time being, I'll write installation guides for some major
> > platforms such as Dreamcast, Windows CE handhelds, evaluation boards.
> > And I'm going to submit the new maintainer application later.
>
> Do that now, instead of 'later' ;-)

Thanks.  I've visited nm.debian.org and applied my application last
weekend, and I'm lukcy to have Ishikawa's advocacy now.

The NM process will take one month or more apparently.  I'll spend
this time submitting bts reports to ask maintainers to merge sh
specific changes into their packages.

And I'm now working on the new website: http://www.dodes.org/sh/
(migrated from http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh/).  There are some photos
of Windows CE handhelds running Debian/sh3.  Other documentation and
binary kits will appear there.

Regards,
--
YAEGASHI Takeshi <t@keshi.org> <takeshi@yaegashi.jp> <yaegashi@dodes.org>