debbugs sprint

Now that the sprints documentation points to this list, we will probably
see people posting here info request about sprints. According to my past
experience, it essentially boils down to pointing people to existing
doc [1], which has been created precisely to avoid repeating things over
and over again.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints

Occasionally though, we might want to try doing a bit more. In
particular, there are cases when there is the critical mass for having a
sprint, but no one is stepping forward to organize it at the logistics
level. One such case might be the current situation with debbugs. Some
background:

- debbugs is working fine, but there is essentially only one person
  taking care of the code and he is quite busy (who is not?)
- I've proposed a sort of mentoring sprint [2] and that seems to have
  attracted quite some interest
- at DebConf11, the interest has been confirmed by the attendance to the
  debbugs skill exchange [3]
- later on, Blars Blarson has picked up the challenge of doing some
  organization [4], but he has just informed me that he is now getting
  busy again and cannot finalize it. Still, he has informed me that,
  according to the feedback he has received, it might make sense to have
  the sprints in the us and also that in the past they got some
  availability from Google people to host this kind of event at the
  GooglePlex

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-debbugs/2011/07/msg00000.html
[3] http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/841.en.html
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-debbugs/2011/07/msg00015.html

Although this was not part of the initial goal of this list, it seems we
need someone external to the current debbugs people willing to insist a
bit, and try to fix a date where Don and other (wannabe) debbugs hackers
can sit down and hack on debbugs together.

We do have the budget to make this happen, but I don't think it will
actually happen unless we try to step in with some organization help.
Which might be a good idea (or not).

Anyone up for this challenge?
Cheers.