DSA / listmaster / alioth admin sprint

[ dropping Christian from Cc; see my other mail to him ]

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 07:25:00PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> We are interested in doing a DSA (Debian System
> Administrators)/Listmasters and maybe Alioth Admin sprint. That sprint
> thingy is pretty new to me, what would be the next steps for us?

I was supposed to send an introductory mail to the list about that, but
given this request of yours, let's learn together and by example!

All information about how to run a sprint are available at
<http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints> and on its howto subpage . They still
mention to contact the DPL, but please assume that you can contact this
list instead.

To begin with, you "just" need to decide when and where you want to meet
and prepare a tentative budget, i.e. how much it would cost *to Debian*
to enable you people to have a sprint. Once you have that, mail it here
and request budget approval. Once the DPL has approved the budget, hurry
up and take the tickets before their prices increase! At that point,
you'll just have to follow some "transparency" provisions, such as
posting a preliminary agenda before the sprint, and a report after it.

Regarding the venue, you clearly have seen the offer from GFU Cyrus AG
in Cologne, which sounds great. If that venue (and period) looks fine
for you: great!, that was easy. Otherwise keep in mind that we have
other venues, a couple in Paris, Linux Hotel in Essen, and everything
else you might be aware of.

[ Shameless plug for the volunteer sprints organizers on this list: an
  open task in need of love is to populate the page
  http://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/Venues , which is linked from the main
  page. For each Debian-friendly we're aware of we should list at least
  its characteristics (e.g. when it's available) and a contact point. ]

Let us know when you've more details,
Cheers.