Re: Bullseye planned on sparc64?

On 8/25/21 2:29 AM, Gregor Riepl wrote:
> I also tried to somehow get the patched package reintroduced into
> Debian, but it was refused because it would only work on sparc64. :/

I talked to Adrian Bunk on IRC yesterday who has adopted all the old driver
packages and reuploaded them and he said, he will look into adopting the sunffb
driver package as well.

The package wasn't rejected, it was just Julien Christau who didn't want to maintain
it under the umbrella of the Xorg package maintainers team. There is no policy in
Debian that disallows "unimportant" packages.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz