Re: Information about blade 2500 and ultra 45

On 2020-03-27 13:43, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi John!

On 3/27/20 5:54 PM, John Kleiver Contreras García wrote:
Hello, first of all, thanks for maintaining Debian on the Sparc Arch, secondly,
I wish to know the current status of Debian on the aforementioned machines
(blade 2500 silver and ultra 45), both of them have dual CPU's, the blade 2500
have a xvr 100 and the ultra 45 have a xvr 2500 (of which I heard that there is
no drivers, so no Xorg), have someone used these machines with Debian before,

I don't see any particular reason why these shouldn't work. I have an Ultra 45
myself, but I haven't installed Debian on it so far.

and if there are drivers or a workaround for getting it to work with Xorg,
thanks for your time and dedication

If the built-in graphics card is not supported, I assume you should just
be able to use a normal PCI/PCI-X graphics card.

Use this image [1].

Adrian

[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-07-16/

Has anyone tried the much older smaller little blade netra servers like
the "flapjack" Sun Microsystems Netra t1 105 ?  I have a few of those
laying around and with 1GB of memory they should "work". Just not sure
how one gets the thing to boot install media or even the net inst image.

Perhaps TFTP and BOOTP ??

Any input would be lovely.

--
Dennis Clarke