Re: How to support the Debian Sparc64 Port

> Yes, feel free to create a bug report if there isn't already one. But be
> sure it's actually a bug in src:gcr and not any of the libraries it links
> in.
>
> Report the bug with "reportbug --src gcr" and include the following header
> in your bug report:
>
> User: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org Usertags: sparc64 X-Debbugs-CC:
> debian-sparc@lists.debian.org

Bug reported here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=945414
Upstream bug: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gcr/issues/34

I also included a patch and submitted a PR upstream.

In case this takes a long time to commit or is rejected upstream, is there a
way to have a patched version only for Debian sparc64?

While investigating the problem, I was surprised to find the the memcpy is
completely optimised out on amd64. It compiles into a simple MOV instruction,
just like with pointer aliasing. On sparc64, we get a memcpy call.
AFAIK x86/amd64 processors do generate alignment faults on unaligned 64-bit
memory access - is there something different about the allocated memory, or is
this handled silently by the kernel somehow?