Re: How to support the Debian Sparc64 Port

Hi!

On 11/19/19 9:04 PM, Nils Meinert wrote:
> I just got me a Sun Ultra 60 and installed the Debian Sparc64 Port. I ran into some
> issues trying to install some packages (e.g. Firefox).

You ran into the problem installing Firefox because of the issue described in [1].

> So I was wondering if there is a way to support the Debian Sparc64 Port-Team in any way.

Something that needs dearly fixing on sparc64 would be QtScript [2] but it isn't
exactly trivial to fix. You can either fix the bug completely or pick up my work-
around from [3] and fix the remaining testsuite issues so the package builds fine
on sparc64.

In order to get Firefox to build on sparc64, the Debian Firefox package would have
to be patched such that the Javascript files are compiled in the arch:all target
in debian/rules as to avoid the NodeJS dependency. I think the NetBSD developers
have done something like that to get Firefox to build again on sparc64.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz