Re: How to support the Debian Sparc64 Port

Hi Nils!

On 11/20/19 9:15 PM, Nils Meinert wrote:
> ok, so first I'm going to do download the new images and do one or more
> test installations

I can't guarantee for the latest images to work, they are not tested and
some users reported version mismatches for the kernel modules. If your
machine is running, I suggest leaving it like that.

> and after that I check the bug tracker if there is more I can do.

To see all bugs related to sparc64, use this link:

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=sparc64;users=debian-sparc@lists.debian.org

Note, I haven't checked the list for a long time, some of these bugs might
have fixed themselves over the time through package uploads. Let me know
if you find any bugs reports that can be closed.

Oh, and if you want to use a fast SPARC machine running Debian to hack on,
register for the GCC compile farm where you can use a SPARC T5 [1].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz