Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-05-09

Hi all,

On 5/10/19 07:00, Meelis Roos wrote:
Hello Meelis,

Perhaps of interest ... i was being hit with the qla2xxx driver panics
as well on my v880.
I unplugged the second FCAL loop to the backplane, and this fixed it.

Perhaps this is something you could try?

I have not tried on my V880 but I got similar trouble on V480.

But where is the secondary loop on SB1000/E280R (having the same
mainboard)? Hmm,
come to think of it, there is a connector marked with double arrow, the
back of mainboard but I do
not think I have seen any cable that would fit there.

Thanks, Meelis and Kevin.

The problems with the qla2xxx could also explain, why I couldn't get my
V480 and V490 fully working with Linux earlier last year. IIRC both
crashed during kernel boot.

I could reproduce and later avoid the problem with the qla2xxx driver on
my 280R by just blacklisting it (see [1]) - the machine boots from
network, so no problem that the internal disks are not usable. But I
didn't conclude that this could actually also help my V480 and V490. I
hope blacklisting the qla2xxx module will also make them usable with
Linux. Well, if Kevin's V880 runs Linux, V480 and V490 will most
certainly also run it with the qla2xxx problem out of the way.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64#Sun_Fire_280R

Cheers,
Frank