Re: New sparc64 installation images 2017-03-14

> Hi!
>
> We have a faster machine now available for building sparc64 CD
> images and I just created a fresh set on this machine.
>
> The images can be found here:
>
> 	> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/debian-cd/2017-03-14/
>
> They have not been tested so far at all. Feedback welcome.
>
> Known issues:
>
> - Installation of extra software packages has to be skipped
> - On headless machines, passing console=ttyS0,115200,8n1 is
>   is required to get console output in late kernel boot
> - Partition tables are still defaulting to "Sun"; we are planning
>   to fix that since SILO seems to work even with GPT partition
>   tables
>
> Let me know if there is anything else that should be fixed.

I've just done a quick test of this under qemu-system-sparc64 and I can
boot to the installer in -nographic mode which is great :)

One thing to note is that it still seems that virtio modules aren't
being built for sparc64 at the moment. A quick look through the git
history showed this commit:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/kernel/linux.git/commit/?h=sid&id=92831f3cb9a1f10e84f6f7f1354b8b0b4b83b577

Is this something that also needs to be done for sparc64 in order to get
the virtio modules included again?

ATB,

Mark.