Re: New sparc64 installation images 2017-03-14

On 03/14/2017 10:38 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 03/14/2017 04:12 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Known issues:
>>
>> (...)
>> Let me know if there is anything else that should be fixed.

Another known issue: If you install in an LDOM, debian-installer may not
detect the installation medium. If the detection fails, you can still
point the installer to the block device with the virtual CD-ROM drive
manually.

When prompted to specify the path to the CD-ROM block device manually,
just type "/dev/vdiskN" where N is a through z, depending on your
configuration. In most cases it will be vdiskb or vdiskc since vdiska
will be the primary virtual hard disk in most cases. Loading an additional
driver for the CD-ROM drive is not necessary, just select "none".

I have already posted a question to the sparclinux Linux kernel mailing
list to ask whether the sunvdc virtual block device driver can be
modified to allow automatic detection of the virtual CD-ROM drive.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz