Re: Booting an LDOM (can't find kernel)

On 07/25/2016 12:55 PM, rodent@NetBSD.org wrote:
> There's only two partitions: vdiska1 which contains everything and vdiska2
> which is swap.

Well, in any case, it's a corrupted installation what you have there. I can't
figure out what the problem is without a detailed look at your system.

However, I can recommend you to install the system with a separate boot partition
mounted below /boot using ext3 (use something like 1 GiB) and the root filesystem
mounted below / using ext4.

Installing in LDOMs has been tested and verified even on M7 machines already, so
there is nothing broken in this regard. The only issues with currently have are
the missing signing key and the fact we still have to rely on SILO.

The signing issue can be sorted out by building a new installer image and the GRUB
issue will be sorted out once GRUB upstream has merged all the sparc64-related
patches.

Thanks,
Adrian

--