Re: Debian SPARC on SPARC M7?

On 04/10/2016 08:30 PM, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> you're right here, it's modules problem, they are not being present in
> initramfs,so to fix it, boot from cdrom again into rescue mode and
> add this 2 modules to:
>
> root@deb4g:/tmp# grep -v ^# /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
> sunvdc
> sunvnet
>
> and update kernel initrd from rescue shell with
> # update-initramfs -u

See my comment to #815977 [1].

> exit rescue shell and reboot, it should boot ok now... (but there
> would be no telnet console present on boot, since it needs to be
> enabled, before reboot from rescue shell with :
>
> # systemctl enable console-getty

Just add "console=ttyS0,115200,8n1" to the command line when booting
the Debian Installer, e.g.: install console=ttys0,115200,8n1.

I'm not sure what was different with the sparc port in that regard.
Might be possible that this parameter was passed to the kernel by
default. You can verify that by checking /proc/cmdline directly
after booting the Debian Wheezy installer image.

Another possibility is that /etc/inittab contrained the necessary
entries to enable serial console by default and those settings
were lost after the systemd transition.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz