Re: Debian on ultra 1 (was: Re: Debian on qemu-system-sparc64)

> Did you try loading the module?

I don't know how. Unlike the fully installed system, the installer doesn't give me a shell. The screen just goes black and the machine seems to do nothing. I'll give it another go, now that I have a working installation (which is the take-away message I think - once installed, it works fine and it's great :-)

> Using which driver? It might just be using some generic FB driver.

Dedicated, I think (I hacked the EDID from my display directly in the deidcated kernel driver to get the proper resolution, since the cable didn't let the EDID through) ;  I then got the 24-bits color display in X, so it's not PROM-only.

... should be this one: <http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?sparc64/ffb+4+NetBSD-7.0>

> Did you try a serial console then? If your laptop doesn't have
> a serial, try one of these USB-RS232 adapters, these work fine.

I wanted to, but I no longer have a system with a serial port, and adapter or a (null-modem) serial cable there. It's been a while since I needed those, they're buried in an attic someplace else :-(

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau