Re: Debian on ultra 1 (was: Re: Debian on qemu-system-sparc64)

On 02/13/2016 04:56 PM, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Perhaps the same issue is affecting the installer?

Well, no. The installer works fine on my SunBlade 100, so it's a
hardware-specific issue. Maybe your Ultra 1 is just not properly
supported by modern kernels. Might be a bug you should file.

> Anyway great job everyone - install is a bit rough, but so far
> everything is good. Next step, getting X to work on the FFB...

I don't know whether that graphics hardware is still supported,
but you can just try. I mean, the Ultra 1 is pretty old so it
most likely needs some work in the kernel and X.org to get the
bugs on this machine ironed out.

Any chance for you to just burn a CD and try an installation
from CD? I had an Ultra 1 once myself and I did actually install
Debian sparc (the old port) back on this machine. However, there
were weird problems later because the PROM battery was dead. Can
you make sure this battery is working properly?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz