Re: debian-installer: cdrom vs. netboot

Good morning,

I was out of the office yesterday so I didn't have a chance to try this
until just a bit ago.

On 1/25/2016 12:45 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 01/25/2016 07:05 PM, rod wrote:
>> root@cerberus:/var/log/installer# apt-get update
>> Hit:1 http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian sid InRelease
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
>> A53AB45AC448326E
>
> Is the debian-ports-archive-keyring package installed?

Yes it is installed.

> If that doesn't help (it should), you can add the signing key manually:
>
> $ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys C448326E ; gpg --armor
> --export C448326E |apt-key add - && apt-get update

I'm still getting the error: W: There is no public key available for the
following key IDs: A53AB45AC448326E

until I manually entered the following (your commands broken out
individually from above):

root@cerberus:/# gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys C448326E
gpg: requesting key C448326E from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: key C448326E: "Debian Ports Archive Automatic Signing Key (2015)
<ftpmaster@debian-ports.org>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1
root@cerberus:/# gpg --armor --export C448326E | apt-key add
OK
root@cerberus:/# apt-get update
Hit:1 http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian sid InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
root@cerberus:/#

I dropped the "-" from after the apt-key add. I don't know if this makes
any real difference but it seems to work now.

Q: is this something which needs changing in the .iso creation so that
the software selection function of the installation works? (I don't know
much about the creation process of the .iso so I'm asking.)

Rod