Re: debian-installer: cdrom vs. netboot

On 01/24/2016 07:37 PM, rod wrote:
> I get the error about ext4. I continued to let it run that way to see
> what would happen.  Seems to work until it gets to "Install the Base

So, it did not get stuck while formatting ext3/4? That's odd since
partman-ext3 has not been patched yet to call mkfs with "-F".

> system" where it gives me the error "No installable kernel was found in
> the defined APT sources."

That shouldn't happen at all. It definitely should install a kernel as
it also did on raverin. Remember, we checked whether a kernel was
actually installed and it was indeed installed. It might lack the
installation of SILO though.

Are you sure you used the right image? When you boot the image, it
should say "This image was built on 2016-01-22" or so.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz