Re: systemd again

On 01/02/2016 10:22 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> For reasons, see [1] for example, but I'm sorry to stirr this all up
> again on this ML, where all people are tired of the discussion,

Yes, I'm tired of this as well because it always boils down to "I don't
like change" but change is inevtitable when it comes to software.

There is no reasonable argument against systemd and similar systems
which is why all major operating systems have shifted to something
like systemd, be it Solaris (SMF), OSX (launchd) or Linux (systemd).

And even the often cited FreeBSD developers actually agree on that
systemd moves into the right direction and FreeBSD will eventually
also jump the bandwagon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2nhkx9/freebsds_jordan_hubbard_sees_need_for_a_modern/

Allowing choice for something fundamental as the init daemon requires
lots of maintanenace effort and people can't really expect developers
to spend that effort when there is no real gain in the end.

But anyway, please don't start flamewars here.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz