systemd again (was: Re: New working sparc64 netinst image)

Hi,

>> I still can't stand systemd, can we please have back sysvinit as default?
>
>I hope you are kidding. But in case you are not, the answer is no since
>this isn't a simple matter of changing defaults and there is a shitton
>of reverse dependencies that systemd has. Also, sysvinit is old and
>unmaintained software.

As I'm not a debian developer, my involvement in this matter is minimal.
All I can do is either persuading debian to continue to provide an
alternative to systemd (weather or not as default, I don't really care)
like open-rc or whatever, even sysvinit or change the distro I'm using.

But I won't use systemd on my production servers, ever. If that means
switching to a BSD flavour or gentoo or anything, fine.

For reasons, see [1] for example, but I'm sorry to stirr this all up
again on this ML, where all people are tired of the discussion,

CU,
Uli
[1] http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,