Re: Heavy IO hangs [was: Re: Debian/SPARC[64]]

On 12/01/15 23:24, Sébastien Bernard wrote:

> Hello, I found both machines I own (V240) prone to lockup. I had the
> freeze dump in the alom console.
> It's related to perf counters and plagued the SPARC kernel since 2.6.32.
>
> Cheers
> Seb

Oh that's very interesting (and also matches some other comments I've
found searching around). Has anyone ever bisected this down to a single
commit? Or is there a kernel .config option that can be changed so that
perf counter support isn't built in on recent kernels?

ATB,

Mark.