Re: Debian/SPARC[64]

2014-01-12, Karel Gardas:
> Anyway, it looks like Linux is really not well supported on SPARC
> anymore. Where are those times when Jakub Jelinek done his first
> UltraLinux in 90s....

I would prefer to say it's _still_ not supported well;
let's hope for more active development:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/arch/sparc

// Really need to take the good old Ultra 10 from a closet ASAP :)

> > Are the differences so hard?
> > Maybe the GNU assembler already has the support for Sun syntax?
> > Then it looks more like a GNU Binutils issue:
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/
>
> Differences are not so big but before putting this compatibility in
> someone always need to ask if this is not done for completely dead
> horse. Looks like it's not. :-)

Just wondering (haven't tested though) if the GNU assembler
can readily support the Sun syntax as good as the Intel foreign one ;)

---
Best wishes,
Bob