Re: Creating sparc64 installation images

Hermann Lauer wrote:
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 09:09:58AM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I don't think I can usefully help since I'm too far down the Debian
management/development learning curve (and have rather a lot of other stuff
on my plate), but could you give us a pointer to where the netinst image can

Me too - exacly the same situation at the moment.
be found, compatible hardware, what sources.list should be, and where
testers should report issues.

I have installed sparc hardware since over 10 years only via netboot images
and may try a few basic netinst tests on Enterprise class systems if that
would help.

10+ years but only using ISO, in part as a conscious decision to reduce the load on the Debian servers. However I got into deep water in the Squeeze/Wheezy eras, some of which I've not really managed to extricate myself from.

I've got an E4500 and a Netra 20 here which I'd like to get Debian back onto, at present they're OpenSXCE.

Thanks for all the work and merry X-mas,

Seconded :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk