Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

> What's the proper fix then? Preferably one that works on sparc (v8+)
> as well.

Just the 'mc_' :-) At least if it works with REG_O6, which I suspect it should since userland should load the glibc header rather than the kernel header (... I think).

And it should work with v8+ as well (v8+ is v9 in 32 bits mode, fundamentally. So it has the new instructions like CAS, the new CCR registers, ...).
%o6 has been %sp since v7, IIRC (i.e. the Stack Pointer is in Output register 6, so is available to the callee in %i6, Input register 6, as the Frame Pointer %fp). SPARC register windows are cool when you get to know them :-)

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau