Re: Do 8042/kb_ps2 keyboard devices work under wheezy kernels?

Hermann Lauer wrote:
Hello Mark,

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:32:38AM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
For the sake of anybody who does happen to have time, where are you getting
your .iso image and what if any mirror are you selecting during
installation?

if you can consider netbooting, maybe
may help to get a working wheezy installation - that was my last
installation (when I still hoped debian will fix the arch).

Thanks, noted but I'm not optimistic that my workload permits much investigation particularly since the machine most likely to help is now defunct.

I had no end of problems about 18 months ago trying to find a SPARC/Linux
later than Lenny which was even half-way reliable, and that was a large part
of our eventual decision to abandon the architecture.

What Hardware are you running ? The wheezy kernel seems not to be
so bad on my Enterprise/Fire class systems.

At the time, V880. But was prepared to try various other systems in the hope of finding something that would install.

The impression I got was that the developers were doing dist-upgrades etc., but were rarely checking the CD image. The bug you cite would appear to stem from the same shortcoming.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk