Re: problem booting Debian on X1

If you can get to a shell, can you tell us what version of `silo` you are running?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Jeremy Kister <debian-sparc@jeremykister.com> wrote:
On 7/21/2014 4:49 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
Since I don't really know what else to do, I want to reinstall SILO.
Can someone point me how to do that from a network boot shell?  BusyBox
ash loads, but I have no idea how I can use to to reinstall SILO.

I do have /dev/sda1 (/boot) mounted on /mnt/boot.  /mnt/silo.conf shows:
# cat silo.conf
root=/dev/md0
partition=1
default=Linux
read-only
timeout=100

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        initrd=/initrd.img

i do have all of the rest of the partitions mounted on /mnt, fyi.