Re: Sparc status ?

Le 18/04/2014 18:35, Sébastien Bernard a écrit :

> sparc

> Upstream Support

> According to the gcc maintainer 32bit code generation as we use it is no longer supported upstream and we should aim for > a switch to 64bit userland anytime soon.

This is quite clear, and maybe plain wrong according to you.
This seems to prevent switch from gcc 4.6 to gcc 4.8.

Seb

I don't understand, there is no warning of abi or architecture deprecation in the release notes of gcc, neither 4.7 nor 4.8.
Maybe they have information I don't, but I doubt it. I'll dig in the gcc mailing list to see if I can find something related.

Sébastien