Re: http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/ sparc32 wheezy repostitory

Patrick Baggett wrote:
Packages are one thing but...Didn't the linux kernel drop SPARCv7/8 support? I remember reading their atomic ops and they uses 'cas' and 'casx' which are very clearly sparcv9 instructions. It might have been a conditional code path

The arch/sparc[32|64] directories where unified. There is now only one
arch/sparc directory with 2 versions of the basic files like:
arch/sparc/kernel/signal_32.c
arch/sparc/kernel/signal_64.c
-- Greetings Konrad

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Alexander Feld <mrshadowtux@googlemail.com <mailto:mrshadowtux@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,
     > Just want to make public:
     > I've put some effort into a sparc32 repository
     > containing wheezy packages:
     > http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/
     > Most of the packages are cross-compiled, more
     > natively compiled will follow...
     > There is also a 64-bit sparc-32 cross compiler
     > with many dev-packages preinstalled:
     > http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/cross-compiler/sparc-linux-gnu-cross_1.0.0-1_amd64.deb
    Cool thing! Did you try to build mre packages like a kernel as well? I would really love to have a Wheezy system on my Sparcstation 20

    --
    Alexander Feld <mrshadowtux@googlemail.com <mailto:mrshadowtux@googlemail.com>>