Re: http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/ sparc32 wheezy repostitory

Alexander Feld wrote:
Hi,
Just want to make public:
I've put some effort into a sparc32 repository
containing wheezy packages:
http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/
Most of the packages are cross-compiled, more
natively compiled will follow...
There is also a 64-bit sparc-32 cross compiler
with many dev-packages preinstalled:
http://developer.gaisler.net/debian/cross-compiler/sparc-linux-gnu-cross_1.0.0-1_amd64.deb
Cool thing! Did you try to build mre packages like a kernel as well? I would really love to have a Wheezy system on my Sparcstation 20

I'll continue adding more packages for a while.
kernel packages I didnt plan to. The system I
have doesnt have a harddisk.

You can use http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap
together with:
--------- m-sparc.conf ------------------
[General]
arch=sparc
directory=/tmp/dist-multistrap-w
cleanup=true
noauth=true
unpack=true
aptsources=Grip Updates
debootstrap=Debian

[Debian]
packages=
source=http://developer.gaisler.net/debian
suite=wheezy
and
$fakeroot multistrap -f m-sparc.conf

Then you can test to chroot into it. It is
pretty minimal, however you have enought
packages that you can install with
dpkg -i
(and a lot of times also "--force-all")
so that you can at the end do a "apt-get source"
and a dpkg-buildpackage yourself.

-- Konrad