Re: How to debug seed FTBFS on sparc?

Jurij Smakov wrote:

The offending instruction tries to load a 4-byte word located at address %l0 into %g1 register, so it's expected to be aligned on a 4-byte boundary, however it is obviously not:

(gdb) info reg l0
l0             0xf581f42e	-176032722
(gdb)

Figuring out why this happens is the tricky part :-).

Noting that Peter is active in the debian-arm mailing list, I think it's worth remarking that at least some ARM variants are sensitive to the same alignment issues as SPARC. I've hassled the FPC developers a lot over this, and in general a fix that was good for one architecture turned out to be good for the others.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk