Re: problem installing squeeze 6.0.4 on SunBlade 150 -- stalls (?)

I'm not very qualified to respond, but it looks like you've got a Raptor gfx card in there, and I don't think it is supported by Linux right now. The on-board ATI Mach64 card does work under Linux. Could you try removing it and seeing if you can do the install with just the on-board graphics? That would at least help us find out if the problem is related to that card.

---
If you're looking for a secondary monitor head, then I'd suggest using a cheap x86 card, since Linux can actually enable those cards even if they have x86 VGA BIOSes (i.e. would never work in the OBP or Solaris). I actually am using that onboard card + GeForce 4000MX (old x86 card) successfully in a Sun Ultra 10. The GeForce 4000MX even gets hardware accelerated 3D, albeit a bit buggy at the moment. I imagine r200-based (Radeon 7000) cards would work even better. On the other hard, a Sun XVR-1200 has serious graphical issues that make it pretty much unusable on Linux for anything Xorg.

Patrick