Re: Sparc 6.0.3: multiple Nautilus file manager process after few minutes from fresh install

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=570955 looks like the same problem, for i386/amd64. Reported Feb 2010.

 Experienced Debianers -- is this good strategy:  add more info to that and/or bring it to the forefront?

Patrick

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:51:08PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I'm happy with that, but I'd suggest that it does need the more
> experienced user/developers to ride herd on the rest of us, and when
> somebody has an issue to say one of:
>
> *  That's a known issue which won't be changed for a good reason,
> live with it.
>
> *  That's been reported already.
>
> *  That's new, report it.
>
> The worst possible thing that can happen is for somebody who's got
> hold of a SPARC-based system and is trying to find out whether it's
> any use for anything to post a concern, to not get any feedback,

Well, that's unlikely, or at least the prospect of not getting feedback
after posting a bug report not any more unlikely compared to the prospect of
not getting feedback without posting a bug report :)

Let's cross that bridge when we get there. So far I've noticed that
bug #525718 has been mentioned in the thread - that one is long closed,
and people thought it was fixed back then (i.e. it wasn't unanswered).

A new bug report should be opened, and tagged sparc + severity grave, and
let's see where it goes :)

--
    2. That which causes joy or happiness.