Re: Sparc 6.0.3: multiple Nautilus file manager process after few minutes from fresh install

Alexander Feld wrote:

I also got this bug. This is the reason, why I am still using Lenny on my SPARC-systems. The SPARC-version of Squeeze is really buggy and nearly unusable. Other applications have similar problems. For example, Iceweasel segfaults very often and KDE doesn't load the panel. I still hope, that the next Debian release on SPARC will be better. I can't believe, that such a buggy SPARC release as Squeeze was released as "stable".. :(

I'm sorry, this won't help, the package is buggy. Use Lenny instead and hope, that Wheezy will be better.

Interesting: I set up Squeeze (KDE variant) on an Ultra-80 for a colleague a few weeks ago and found that running apt-get killed konsole instantly. At that point I reverted to Lenny and promised him a newer version when I'd had a chance to investigate, it works but he finds IceWeasel etc. somewhat dicey.

The system I'm typing on is still Etch, I was slow adopting Lenny due to its having a non-working X server on some hardware. I'm still hoping to get Squeeze onto a spare system at some point, but the real question is this: will reported bugs get fixed, or are the developers so overstressed trying to accommodate new hardware that that's all they've got time for?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk