Re: virtualization on Sparc architecture?

2011/5/27 Martin <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk>:
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:32 -0500, mmejiav wrote:
>> hi
>> I have a Sun Blade 100 with Solaris 10.
>> Does Debian for Sparc architecture have a tool for making
>> virtualization on this? Something like openvz… I search information
>> about this topic on google but I didn’t find anything
>> Thanks in advance
>
> Linux VServer ( http://linux-vserver.org/ ) has been ported to SPARC and
> is an "OS level virtualisation" system similar in concept to OpenVZ.  I
> ran a system that used it for several years with few problems.  At one
> point Debian shipped VServer enabled kernels for SPARC.
>
> Alternatively you may be able to use the cgroup tools to set up
> something similar using stock kernels.
>
> HTH

hi Martin and thanks for your answer

Rigth now i'm installing debian squeeze on the Blade 100 machine (sparc).
In the wiki debian (http://wiki.debian.org/SystemVirtualization) I
found more information about vserver, but the page says

LinuxVserver - Mostly used on servers. Creates multiple isolated
containers. Will be deprecated in squeeze.

Deprecated on squeeze? then for sparc whats the next virtualization
tool to be used on Debian systems?

--
J Mauricio Mejia Vargas
Linux User # 381752