Re: workaround implemented! (was: Re: SPARC SunBlade 2000 fails to find disks: ql2200_fw.bin not found, "Firmware image unavailable." (kernel 2.6.26, Debian lenny))

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 01:40:22AM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> I believe creating a file /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/qla2xxx with
> contents
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  modprobe -r qla2xxx
>  modprobe qla2xxx
>
> and running
>
>  # update-initramfs -k all -u
>
> would work around the need to run these commands each boot in initramfs shell.
> Unfortunately had no time to implement and test that.

A similar hook already exists once you install firmware-qlogic. Add the -v
option to update-initramfs, and look for references to that in the output.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.