Re: Sun fire V890 UltraSparc server kernel panic, offertoassist with fixing it and future ports

Booting both Ubuntu 9.10 and 8.10 results in this error :
"
boot:
Allocated 64 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Loaded kernel version 2.6.25
virt)...
ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

{2} ok
"

Interestingly, the machine returns to the boot prom instead of just
dying altogether.

Hope that helps :)

Aaron