Re: Sun fire V890 UltraSparc server kernel panic, offertoassist with fixing it and future ports

Hey Joy

The machine is currently connected to my home LAN. I powered it up from
a remote location today via SSH -> Telnet (RSC) and executed some
commands on the Solaris installation... I think that's pretty cool :P .

My home network has DHCP server on it (Smoothwall) and two other
machines running Ubuntu. One of the Ubuntu machines has been configured
as a TFTP server (used it to hack a Mikrotik router a while back). In
other words, I should(?) have the environment to boot this Sun machine
via the network.

As for the kernel, I found a guide today that should put me on the right
track : http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CustomKernel .

I'll work on it a little later today :) .