Re: output-device ID?

Hmmm ...

Weird behaviour.

First. Lenny is installed on the Blade, text mode ok.

output-device now set to /pci@1f,0/pci@5/display@0

One monitor connected to the onboard VGA port, one to the additional PCI card.

PCI Card from x86 world.

VT420 Terminal attached to the serial port.

During boot both monitors stay dark - no signal. SILO prompt appears on the
terminal.

After SILO took over, the onboard graphics is switched on, boot messages
appear on that line - and on the terminal.

But: only part of the boot messages is displayed on that monitor, part on the
terminal. I cannot say weather some of the boot messages appear on both lines.

In the end, login prompts appear on the onboard graphics and on the terminal.
I can login via USB keyboard and via terminal.

The output of the PCI card stays dark all the time.

Do I somehow need to configure Linux so it uses the PCI card? I never had two
graphics cards in one system before.

Regards,

   Hartwig