Re: Is it possible to update OBP while running Debian?

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:00:28 +0200, Admar Schoonen wrote:
>> I just upgraded OBP on my Ultra 5 last week (needed to update OBP to
>> recognize
>> a 360 MHz cpu instead of the original 270 MHz cpu). A friend of mine had set
>> up
>> a rarp and tftp server, and I could just 'boot net' the firmware image to
>> flash
>> it. I'm sorry I can't help you with setting up rarp/tftp servers.
>
> You probably can also use dhcp boot with:
>
> {0} ok boot net:dhcp
>
> On the dhcp server set the bootfile and server parameters to the tftp server
> containing the flash-update image.
>
> Worked like a charm here for a Sun Enterprise 450.
>
> Greetings
>    Hermann

Since we are on the subject.  Is it possible to upgrade OBP from linux rather
than solaris?  All of my machines are surplus and I ended up going exclusively
debian (yay!) on them.  I haven't found any good documentation on if this is
even possible.
Thanks
Eric