Re: Is it possible to update OBP while running Debian?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:37:00PM +0200, Hermann Lauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just adding for the archives:
>
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:00:28 +0200, Admar Schoonen wrote:
> > I just upgraded OBP on my Ultra 5 last week (needed to update OBP to recognize
> > a 360 MHz cpu instead of the original 270 MHz cpu). A friend of mine had set up
> > a rarp and tftp server, and I could just 'boot net' the firmware image to flash
> > it. I'm sorry I can't help you with setting up rarp/tftp servers.
>
> You probably can also use dhcp boot with:
>
> {0} ok boot net:dhcp
>
> On the dhcp server set the bootfile and server parameters to the tftp server
> containing the flash-update image.
>
> Worked like a charm here for a Sun Enterprise 450.
>
> Greetings
>    Hermann

My Ultra/1 updated very nicely this way but the firmware for my Netra
t1/105 isn't bootable apparently, and it only comes in a shell script.
So I want to install Solaris on the Netra if the esp driver can work in
linux again so I can move what runs on the Netra now to the Ultra/1.