From: Steve Haavik [mailto:shaavik@soc.lib.md.us]
Sent: Mon 6/2/2008 4:25 AM
To: Gary W. Smith
Cc: Martin Habets; debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Netra X1 install problem/oddity

I've still got a few Netra X1's running.
From my notes:

First thing after booting the tftpimage jump to a shell and:

modprobe -r dmfe
modprobe -r tulip
modprobe tulip

Then you can continue the install.

After it reboots to the new system:

echo 'blacklist dmfe' > /etc/modprobe.d/dmfe-blacklist

If all else fails you could track down and delete dmfe.ko but you'd have
to remember to do that after every kernel upgrade. The above method worked
fine on my production boxes.