Re: Netboot E250 -- tftp problem

Geert Stappers wrote:
But the '4200 Data Access Error' is a scary one ...

4000 is the default download start address.
4200 is start plus 200. 0x200 is 512 decimal, the size of a default TFTP packet.

How to classify 'Data Access Error' is the challenge.

If there are problems with memory, the 'ok' wouldn't probably not been
show. Just do a simple check by these five separate command at the 'ok'
prompt:
 40000 400 dump
 40000 400 55 fill
 40000 400 dump
 40000 400 AA fill
 40000 400 dump
to make sure it is really no memory problem.
Hi, I have got a great break through! It seems to be a memory problem!

I have replaced NIC Realtck 8139 with Intel e100, and there is no more "checksum error now". But it still hang with the second TFTP packet, leaving me:

ok 4200 Data Access Error

But, when I do

ok 4000 400 aa fill

and then

ok boot net

The TFTP packets hang with the third packet now! I can't believe it!

So I went on and got perfectly to packet 146 or so. I am going tired so I just did

ok 4000 a00000 aa fill

Then the Openboot hangs!

I power it on again, and did

ok test-all

No error.

Our E250 have 1024MB memory, far more than enough. What seems to be the problem now?

I am copying the Openboot info (after power on) below:

Sun (TM) Enterprise 250 (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz), Keyboard Present

OpenBoot 3.12, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #11548348
Ethernet address 8:0:20:b0:36:bc, Host ID: 80b036bc.

--
续本达
Xu, Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://thirsty.phys.tsinghua.edu.cn/MyWiki/heroxbd